Live at the Waterfront! is a landmark concert at Belfast’s Waterfront Hall showcasing Northern Ireland’s musical and artistic talent - past, present, and future. Featuring some of Northern Ireland’s finest singer-songwriters, musicians, actors, and comedians, in a completely unique show. Taking place on Friday 22 October, the concert’s dynamic line-up is a celebration of extraordinary artistic talent.
As a small token of Northern Ireland’s enormous gratitude to key workers who have supported us all throughout the pandemic, over 70% of tickets will be going to workers in health and social care, food retail and charities.
Audience members will enjoy music ranging from rock, classical, indie, traditional and opera to Americana. A selection of Northern Ireland’s much-loved comedians will also make an appearance, including Paddy Raff, Tim McGarry, Mickey Bartlett, and May McFetridge, who has just completed her 30th year at the Grand Opera House. The audience will also be treated to a medley of highlights from recent films and TV series produced in Northern Ireland. In addition, some of our finest actors, including Ian McElhinney will read from works such as Ciaran Carson, Leonita Flynn, and Seamus Heaney. Confirmed line-up for Live at the Waterfront!:
● Abigail McGibbon, who most recently appeared in 'Sadie' (Lyric Theatre/ BBCNI) & the Lyric & Abbey Theatres covid reactive pieces 'Splendid Isolation' & 'Dear Ireland'.
● Platinum-selling Downpatrick rock band Ash, who have had over 18 songs in the top 40 of the UK Singles Chart.
● The Grammy-nominated Irish Folk band Beoga
● Meteor award-winning traditional Irish singer Cara Dillon.
● Dance group Kid Noise from the 21 Artists Mentoring Programme will make their first public performance.
● The magnificent and multi-award-winning Foy Vance, whose music featured on numerous TV shows and has recently announced his biggest ever headline show at Belfast’s SSE Arena.
● Glenn Patterson is Northern Ireland’s foremost novelist. ● Ian McElhinney, best known for his roles as General Dodonna in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Val-El in the Superman prequel Krypton, and Ser Barristan Selmy in the HBO series, Game of Thrones.
● JC Stewart, who has co-written with Lewis Capaldi, Niall Horan and was named MTV’s Artist of the Month for his latest EP.
● NI Music Prize winner Jordan Adetunji who is currently taking the UK Hip Hop scene by storm.
● May McFettridge, Northern Ireland’s very own queen of comedy, who has just completed her 30th year at the Grand Opera House.
● Micky Bartlett, A regular feature on BBCNI and the General Banter Podcast AND Fresh from his Third consecutive tour of Australia, Micky has recently sold out several nights at Belfast’s iconic Ulster Hall.
● Composer and multi-instrumentalist Neil Martin, who has performed across the world from Mostar Bridge and the Royal Albert Hall, as well as being played on the International Space Station, will perform on the Uilleann pipes.
● Northern Ireland Opera will feature NI Opera Stars and musicians
● Multi Arena selling comedian Paddy Raff
● Roe, who at just 21 has played Glastonbury, and has also supported Snow Patrol, Kodaline, and Robbie Williams. Her latest single made Radio 1’s Track of the Week and enjoyed over one million streams.
● Ryan McMullan, whose song-writing talent has led to sold-out shows across the world.
● Mercury-nominated singer-songwriter Soak who received the Irish Choice Music Prize Album of the Year.
The concert is being jointly produced by NI’s Shine Productions and Snow Water, and will be filmed for television by Green Inc Film and Television.
The concert is supported by the BPI, Arts Council NI and NI Screen and is funded by the Northern Ireland Office.
"This is a unique opportunity to showcase the fantastic artists and performers we have in Northern Ireland, to support the arts sector, and to bring them together to perform live after so many months of theatres and concert halls being closed."
Joe Dougan, Concert Promoter from Shine and Carolyn Mathers, Director of Snow Water Productions
Tickets Collection Details
As this event is televised TICKETS MUST BE COLLECTED AND SCANNED BY 6.45PM on show day (Friday, October 22) or you may be refused entry. Any ticket which is not scanned by this date and time may be released to another member of the public. If you have not secured a ticket to Live at the Waterfront, you can apply for a chance to secure a last minute ticket. Please read the information carefully and follow the instructions at https://www.sroaudiences.com/ to apply. Tickets are not guaranteed.
COVID Status Check
All ticket holders aged 18 and over, will need to provide one of the following:
- Proof of full vaccination
- Proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test
- Proof of natural immunity
All ticket holders over the age of 18 will be required to complete a COVID Status Check on arrival. Find out more
COVID Secure Venue
Led by government guidance and supported by industry best practice, our team has undertaken comprehensive risk assessments to mitigate against the transmission of COVID-19.