Ticketing & Events
- The unauthorised use of cameras, mobile phones, video or other form or recording equipment is strictly prohibited. Customers are asked to switch off any electronic devices during the event.
- Out of consideration for the audience and performers, flash photography is prohibited during the performance.
- Smoking and e-cigarettes are strictly prohibited throughout our Venues. We ask that you do no smoke within 3 metres of any exit/entrance doors to avoid smoke being drawn into the building.
- Every member of the audience, including children, must be in possession of a valid ticket.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult, 18 years and over.
- Standing areas are strictly limited to customers of aged 16 years and over, unless otherwise stated. If a ticket is purchased by or for a customer below this age access to the standing area will not be allowed, alternative seats will not be offered, and a refund will not be available to persons who purchase these Tickets.
- Sporting tops are not permitted unless attending a sports related event.
- Flags, banners, weapons or offensive items, bottles, cans, illegal drugs and lasers are not permitted.
- Only food and drink items purchased at our Venues may be consumed in the venues. Staff reserve the right to dispose of any food or drink items brought to the venue.
- Duplicate tickets can only be issued to the account holder.
- Standing is not permitted in seated areas.
- Please be aware for certain events such as recordings or live broadcasts, children under the age of 3 may not be permitted entrance except for performances specifically aimed at children.
- Latecomers may be refused admission.
- Latecomers may be asked to wait until a suitable break in the performance before being admitted to the auditorium.
- To ensure aisles are kept clear for emergency exists, infant carriers, strollers, and walkers must not be stored in the auditorium.
- We are a cashless venue and we can only accept card and contactless payment methods.
- We have a zero-tolerance approach to threats of violence both physical or verbal or aggression towards our staff and patrons. In order to ensure the security, safety and comfort of all staff and patrons, we reserve the right at our reasonable discretion to refuse your admission to, or to eject you from, the relevant Venue without compensation or refund.
How do I book a ticket?
Tickets for all events can be purchased via our website. Our website allows for a clear view of the auditorium before selecting your seat. Where we are experiencing a high demand, you will automatically be offered ‘best available’; this will automatically select the best seats based on the remaining availability in the auditorium. Find out more information on our What's on page. If you would like to make a group booking or enquire about accessibility, our telephone lines are open Monday to Friday from 12pm - 6pm.
Where do I pick up my tickets?
All of our tickets are available as e-tickets which be available in your online account or via your email account. On event nights, the Waterfront Hall and Ulster Hall Customer Service desk will be open 60 minutes prior to the scheduled show start time and tickets can be collected or purchased, if available.
Are there age restrictions on events at your venue?
The age limit for our events varies depending on the audience and content of the show. You can check the age restrictions for a particular performance on the event page on our website at Waterfront Hall, Belfast – Live Music, Comedy and Entertainment Events | Waterfront Hall
The standing area in both the Waterfront Hall and Ulster Hall is strictly limited to customers of age 16 years and older. If a ticket is purchased by or for a customer below this age access to the standing area will not be allowed, alternative seats will not be offered, and a refund will not be available to persons who purchase these Tickets.
Can I take photos/recordings during concert events?
In some cases, yes. However, not for all events as the artist informs the venue of their photo policy, which will be displayed at the entrance of the show.
What are your Terms & Conditions?
Our Terms & Conditions can be found here; Terms & Conditions | Waterfront Hall
Is there a dress code for your venue?
No there is no specific dress code for our venues. However, sporting tops are not permitted unless attending a sports related event.
How high is the stage in the Ulster Hall?
The stage in the Ulster Hall is 1.5m.
What are your Customer Service & Ticketing opening hours?
Our website is available to book tickets 24/7.
For telephone enquiries, our phone lines are open Monday to Friday, 12pm to 6pm. The Ticketing desk at the Waterfront Hall and Ulster Hall is now open 1 hour prior to the performance time on event nights.
What's the difference between seated and standing tickets?
For various events we will have seated and standing tickets available. Standing tickets are general admission on the ground floor of each venue, there are no seats available in this area. You will be required to stand for the duration of the performance.
Can you vape, use e-cigs at your venue?
Vaping and e-cigarettes are not permitted in our venues. Use of these items may result in your removal from the venue.
Where can I find the seating plan for the Waterfront Hall?
Yes, you can find a link to the Waterfront Hall seating plan here; Seating Plan - Waterfront Hall | Waterfront Hall
I lost an item at one of your venues, what should I do?
Please contact our Customer Service Team and provide information on the item to allow our teams to conduct a search. Please be aware this can take up to 72 hours.
Can I change the type of ticket I have to a seated / standing ticket?
No, unfortunately once tickets are purchased there is no exchange or refund.
Where can I find the upcoming show times for the Waterfront Hall?
Simply click the link below for our Upcoming Show Times
How can I get information about your events?
Simply click the link below to see What's On in our venues
Do you have baby changing facilities in all areas of the venue?
Yes, baby changing facilities are located beside the female toilets in the Waterfront Hall.
When does the venue open?
The venue opening hours will be displayed on the event pages along with show times, where available. Doors will open 1 hour before the performance time listed on the event page for your event.
Is there a cloak room facility available?
Unfortunately, we do not have cloakroom facilities at our venue.
I lost something at the venue – who should I call/ how long will it be kept?
For Lost Property enquiries please contact:
- WF security on 02890 334427/ control [email protected]
- UH security on 02890 334477/ Ulster Hall Control [email protected]
Include the name of the event you were attending and the venue plus the brand, colour and a description of the item.
Opening hours are Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00.
I can no longer attend a performance, can I get a refund on my ticket?
Refunds will be made if a performance is cancelled but are not available in any other circumstances. All tickets are non-exchangeable or non-refundable.
We offer refund protection that can be bought at the time of ticket purchase, which offers security of refund in the event that you cannot attend event. For more information on how you can protect your ticket, please click here.
When was the Waterfront Hall opened?
The Waterfront Hall opened to the public on 17 January 1997.
I have misplaced my tickets, what do I do?
If you have misplaced your ticket, please contact our Customer Service team. We will require proof of purchase before we can reissue tickets. Without proof of purchase, we cannot reprint your ticket.
Do you offer an option to re-sell tickets?
No, Waterfront Hall and Ulster Hall do not offer a resale option for tickets.
Can my tickets be posted to me?
We are not currently able to offer postage for tickets. However, we can send your tickets to your email address for you to print at home. Alternatively, you can display a QR code on your phone from the purchase confirmation email that can be scanned at our venues.
What are the booking fees?
A booking fee will apply to bookings made through our website and Customer Service Team. We pride ourselves on being competitive in our booking fees with our online prices being among the lowest in the market.
A booking fee of £2.50 per ticket applies when purchasing from waterfront.co.uk or ulsterhall.co.uk for all events.
Group booking fees (10+ tickets) are capped at £15.
Do I need to purchase a ticket for babies and young children?
Every member of the audience, including children and babies, must be in possession of a valid ticket. This applies to children under the age of 12 months who require a babes in arms ticket (this varies for some family shows and specific details will be noted on the event page).
All other age restrictions will be listed on individual event pages.
Why can’t I leave a single seat when selecting seating?
Our seating maps are designed so that you can't leave a single unsold seat on its own. We understand it can be frustrating when there aren't many tickets left but most people prefer not to sit on their own at a show, so we take all measures possible to avoid disappointment when there is limited availability.
Why is there a time limit when I book tickets online?
Time limit restrictions exist on our bookings as we want to ensure that as many fans as possible get the chance to book tickets. When selecting seats, you're holding those tickets while you go through the checkout process, so no one else can access them.
There are no more tickets available. Can I be contacted if more come on sale?
Sometimes very popular events can sell out very quickly. We cannot guarantee that extra tickets will be available for every event. If more tickets become available, we will communicate this through the event page on our website and through our social media platforms. Find us on Facebook and Twitter.
Due to the spontaneity of extra tickets becoming available for certain events, we do not have the capacity to individually contact fans via a waiting list in this instance. To avoid future disappointment, sign up to our newsletter to receive weekly updates of on-sales and announcements.
Can I show my e-ticket on my smartphone?
All e-tickets are available to be scanned into the premises on your smartphone device. For the best results, ensure that the brightness on your smartphone is at the highest setting to make the scanning process as simple as possible.
The performance has been cancelled/rescheduled. Will I receive a refund?
In the unlikely event of a performance being cancelled, we will contact you via email and issue a refund. If you have paid by credit or debit card you do not need to contact us, you will be refunded automatically. It usually takes 3-7 working days for the transaction to complete.
In the case of an event being rescheduled tickets, you will be contacted via email to inform you of the new date for which your tickets will remain valid. If this date does not suit you, a full refund of the face value of the tickets will be issued and the existing tickets will become void.
If you have purchased through a secondary ticketing agent, please return to the original point of purchase for a full refund.
We always advise our customers keep an eye on our social media channels as this is where all changes to our programme of events will be announced.
I haven't received my confirmation email. Is this a problem?
If it's been more than 24 hours since you booked with us, please check your junk mail folder on your email. If you still can't see your confirmation email, please contact our Customer Service Team who can confirm your booking.
How do I purchase a gift voucher?
Gift vouchers are the perfect gift for that entertainments lover or when you just don’t know what to get! Gift vouchers can be purchased over the phone by calling 028 90334455. Terms and conditions for gift vouchers can be found here.
What are the Gift Voucher Terms & Conditions?
These are the terms and conditions of sale of gift vouchers ("Terms"). By purchasing a gift voucher, you are agreeing to these Terms.
1. The gift voucher can be used as full or part payment of a ticket.
2. Only gift vouchers purchased directly from our venues are accepted.
3. Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase, after which any remaining balance will be removed and the voucher will become invalid and no longer available for use. BWUH shall not be liable to refund any unused balances.
4. The show you choose to attend can be after the gift voucher expiry date, as long as the gift voucher is used prior to its expiry date.
5. Gift vouchers can only be redeemed against tickets and not against any food, beverage or merchandise purchases.
6. Gift vouchers are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Cash refunds will not be available for tickets purchased with this voucher.
7. We cannot accept responsibility for your gift voucher if it is lost, stolen or damaged. It will not be replaced, or its value refunded in any of these circumstances.
8. All purchases are subject to availability and our standard terms and conditions of sale.
9. We reserve the right to update and change the terms and conditions of our gift vouchers at any time. This does not affect your statutory rights.