Did you know...?
Here are some facts about Belfast Waterfront:
- the building opened to the public on 17 January 1997 after 15 years of planning and consultation and three years of building work
- it was officially opened in May 1997 by His Royal Highness, the Prince of Wales
- Belfast Waterfront cost £32 million to build
- our Main Auditorium seats 2,223 people
- our Studio seats 380 people
- we offer 14 meeting rooms, two bars, one restaurant and one shop
- we employ 50 permanent members of staff and more than 100 casual employees.
Over the past 12 years, Belfast Waterfront has:
- staged more than 3,800 performances
- hosted more than 2,400 conferences and meetings
- sold more than 3.5 million tickets
- welcomed more than 5.5 million visitors
- contributed £575 million to the local economy
- generated £10 to the local economy for every £1 spent on operational costs
- attracted more than 100,000 overseas conference delegates
- been voted number 1 in The Times 'Top Things To Do This Festive Season' for our 2006 Christmas pantomime.
Artists who have performed in the venue include:
- Ronan Keating
- James Brown
- Van Morrison
- Beverley Knight
- Tom Jones
- Shirley Bassey
- Dame Kiri Te Kanawa
- Lesley Garrett
- Billy Connolly.
Other famous visitors include:
- His Royal Highness, the Prince of Wales
- Taoiseach Bertie Ahern
- former Prime Minister Tony Blair
- former US President Bill Clinton
- Cherie Booth QC
- President Mary McAleese
- Dalai Lama.